If you like ham and split pea soup, you will love this homemade, hearty, delicious, and easy recipe to make in your Instant pot! If you don’t have an Instant pot, it can just as easily be made in a slow cooker or stovetop. Ham and split pea soup is full of vegetables, split peas, and flavored with ham. Split peas are full of protein, fiber, and iron.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- 1 lb. dried green split peas
- 1 cooked ham slice, chopped
- Salt & pepper
- 1-2 bay leaves
- Beef, chicken, or vegetable broth (optional)
Tip: Chop vegetables the night before so they’re ready to saute when you make the soup.
- Add olive oil to pot and press the “saute” button.
- Saute vegetables.
- Add ham, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Add split peas.
- Press “Keep Warm/Cancel” button.
- Cover with liquid of choice. Water, beef, chicken, or vegetable broth all work great!
- Add bay leaf.
- Put the lid on and press the “Soup/Broth” button.
- Let the pressure release naturally.