Goulash is a quick, easy, hardy, and delicious meal. In our family, we call it, “Tomato Macoroni,” because it best explains what the dish is! Using the Instant Pot makes it easier to make because you don’t have to cook the noodles seperately. Also, who doesn’t love one pot meals?
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 lb. penne pasta
- 28 oz. can of whole or crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 onion (diced)
- 2-3 garlic cloves (pressed)
- Dash of red pepper flakes
- 2 T. Italian seasoning
- 1 box of stock (chicken, beef , or vegetable)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan or romano cheese (optional)
- Fresh Italian basil (optional)
- Set the Instant Pot on “saute” mode
- Cook ground beef-75% done (Do not drain)
- Add onion-Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add pressed garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Add can of tomatoes, swirl 1/4-1/2 can of water and add to Instant Pot.
- Press the “Keep warm/Off” button.
- Add pasta and stock.
- Stir until well combined.
- Cover with lid and press the “manual” button. Set to 4 minutes.
Note: It will take a few minutes to come to pressure and start counting down from 4 minutes.
- When it is finished, take a wooden spoon to release the pressure.
- When pressure is released, open lid and stir well.
- Serve with cheese and/or basil. (optional)