This steak salad is full of vitamin B12, protein, iron, and zinc, which are all important components of our diet. I not only like to make this for dinner, but I pack it in my husband’s lunch box as well. It’s easy to make and you can add your own ingredients to spice it up.
All you need is:
- Steak– I prefer flank steak for this salad.
- Salad Greens-Spinach, spring mix, any green you’d like to use.
- Bell Pepper-Adds color and vitamin C.
- Feta Cheese-Adds a slight salty flavor, while being lower in calories and fat compared to other cheeses.
- Balsamic Vinaigrette-The flavor is just too perfect with this salad!
- Grapeseed oil-To use for cooking the steak. You can use any oil of your choice.
- Salt & Pepper-To flavor the steak.
- Prepare the steak by slicing it thinly at a slight diaganol against the grain (not in a 90° angle.) Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Coat a frying pan with grapseed oil and heat over medium heat.
- Spread the steak into a single layer in the pan (the oil should sizzle when you add the steak.)
- Cook for about 3 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Turn and cook for about 2 more minutes, or until golden brown.
- In a bowl, mix the greens, feta cheese, bell peppers, steak, and balsamic vinaigrette.
Other topping to add to this salad:
- Red onion