Not only is lentil soup healthy, hearty, and delicious, but also high in protein, fiber, and iron. This soup is packed full of vegetables, easy to make, and definetely a favorite in my house! It’s so simple to make and reheats amazingly.
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium yukon gold potato, cubed
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 1 lb. dried lentils
- 1 14 oz. can of crushed tomatoes (tomato sauce is fine too)
- 1 palmful of Italian seasoning
- 2-3 bay leaves
- Salt & pepper
- Add olive oil to Instant Pot and press the “Saute” button.
- Once the olive oil is heated, add celery, carrots, and onion. Salt and pepper generously.
- Add garlic and potatoes.
- Add lentils.
- Add Italian seasoning.
- Turn off “Saute” mode by pressing the “Keep Warm/Cancel” button.
- Add crushed tomatoes (or tomato sauce.)
- Add extra water as needed. Be sure that all the ingredients are completely covered with water.
- Add bay leaves.
- Close the instant pot lid and press the “Soup/Broth” button.
- Let the pressure naturally release. It can take 30 minutes after it is finished cooking.
This lentil soup can easily be paired with a side salad or roll. I know you’ll love this good, easy, instant pot soup!